Comprehensive Services In U.S. Immigration Law
Based in Miami, we serve employers, employees, individuals and their families in Florida.
We are known for getting results in complex and challenging cases covering all areas of immigration:
- Deportation defense — Fighting for the right to stay in the United States
- Detention and bond hearings — Release from Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) custody
- Immigration appeals — Challenging adverse Immigration Court decisions
- EB-5 investor-based immigration — Path to a green card for investing in a U.S. business
- Corporate immigration— Assisting employers with visa processing and I-9 compliance
- Employment-based immigration — Helping skilled workers gain entry to the U.S.
- Family-based immigration — Reuniting U.S. citizens and immigrants with their loved ones
- Non-immigrant visas — H-1B, L-1, E-2 and other work visas
- Temporary visas — Student, business, visitor and government official visas
- Asylum and waivers — VAWA (Violence Against Women Act), U visa (crime victims), DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) and other relief
- Citizenship — Overcoming obstacles to naturalization such as old criminal convictions
We work with clients to untangle legal problems that threaten their immigration status. It is not uncommon for a client to be arrested on suspicion of an immigration law violation and later be transferred to a detention facility far from Miami.
We understand how desperate this situation can be for the detainee and the family, and we work hard to keep families together and minimize the impact of violations or immigration proceedings.
We also help families pursue immigration forms for their spouses, fiancé(e)s, children (including adopted children), parents, brothers and sisters. We advise employers on staying I-9 compliant and verifying labor requirements.
Joseph A. Spiriti Jr., represents clients in general business matters, with specialized experience in contract negotiation, debt collection, business infrastructure and transactions, real estate, and entertainment transactions and litigation.View Attorney Profile